- About Us
Selected Recent and important Publications by our faculty members in the area of solid mechanics can be found below .
For a more complete list of publications please visit individual faculty webpages.
- S. M. Ibrahim, B. P. Patel and Y. Nath, â€œOn the nonlinear dynamics of oval cylindrical shells,â€ Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures (Accepted, in Press).
- S. M. Ibrahim, B. P. Patel and Y. Nath, â€œNonlinear Periodic Response of Composite Curved Beam Subjected to Symmetric and Antisymmetric Mode Excitation,â€ ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics (Accepted, in Press).
- K. Khan, B. P. Patel and Y. Nath, 2010, â€œEffect of bimodularity on dynamic response of cross-ply conical panels,â€ International Journal of Aerospace Innovations, Vol. 2, pp. 1-12.
- R. M. Joshi and B. P. Patel, 2010, â€œNonlinear Thermoelastic Response of Laminated Composite Conical Panels,â€ Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 34, pp. 97-107.
- S. Pradyumna and J.N. Bandyopadhyay, Buckling of laminated composite hypars and conoids using a higher-order theory, Institute of Engineers Singapore Journal, Part A: Civil and Structural Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 85-95 (2010).
- S. Pradyumna and J.N. Bandyopadhyay, Dynamic stability of functionally graded shells using a higher order theory, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE , Vol. 136, No. 5, pp. 551-561 (2010).
- T. Prakash, M. K. Singha and M. Ganapathi, â€œInfluence of neutral surface position on the nonlinear stability behavior of functionally graded platesâ€, Computational Mechanics, 43 (3), 341-350, (2009).
- R. Daripa and M. K. Singha , â€œStability characteristics of composite plates under localized in-plane loadâ€, Thin-walled Structures, 47 (5), 601-606 (2009).